Hello, my fellow food enthusiasts! Today, I’m excited to share a succulent and sophisticated recipe that will elevate your next steak dinner: Pan-Seared Steak with Garlic Herb Butter and Balsamic-Roasted Vegetables. This dish combines perfectly cooked steak with a luscious, aromatic garlic herb butter, all accompanied by tender and flavorful balsamic-roasted vegetables. So, let’s put on our chef’s hats and create a restaurant-quality meal right in our own kitchens!
Section 1: Ingredients
For the Steak:
- 2 (8-ounce) ribeye or New York strip steaks, about 1-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
For the Garlic Herb Butter:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Balsamic-Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Section 2: Instructions
Preparing the Garlic Herb Butter:
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, chives, and thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined, then set aside.
Cooking the Steaks:
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let them rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Season both sides of the steaks generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable or canola oil and heat until shimmering.
- Carefully place the steaks in the hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare or until desired doneness is reached. Adjust the cooking time according to the thickness of your steaks and your preferred doneness.
- During the last minute of cooking, add a generous dollop of the garlic herb butter on top of each steak. Remove the steaks from the skillet and allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Roasting the Vegetables:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, red onion wedges, and carrot slices. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Spread the seasoned vegetables out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and caramelized, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
Section 3: Serving Suggestions
- Place the pan-seared steaks on individual plates, topped with any remaining garlic herb butter.
- Arrange the balsamic-roasted vegetables alongside the steaks.
- For a heartier meal, serve the steaks and vegetables over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes or buttery polenta.
This Pan-Seared Steak with Garlic Herb Butter and Balsamic-Roasted Vegetables recipe will surely impress your family and guests alike! With its exquisite flavors and beautiful presentation, it’s a dish that truly stands out. The combination of tender, juicy steak and the rich garlic herb butter creates a symphony of taste, while the balsamic-roasted vegetables add a delightful sweetness and depth to the meal. Give this recipe a try and experience a restaurant-quality meal right in the comfort of your own home. Don’t forget to share your culinary creations with your friends and family, and inspire them to embrace their inner chefs as well! Happy cooking!