Are you looking for the best vegetarian foods and recipes in Charlotte? I’ll tell you right now, there’s no such thing as a complete list of vegetarian dishes.
There are so many great dishes out there and you could easily spend an entire day just eating out. If you’re new to vegetarian cooking and have absolutely zero clue where to start (I understand), then this post will probably save your life!
The first thing you need to know about vegetarian cooking is that there’s nothing magical about it. It’s not going to take more time or effort than any other type of cooking, but it does require a little planning and a willingness to experiment with new ingredients.
If you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen each day, then I suggest learning how to prepare basic vegetarian dishes like the ones I will be going over below. ENJOY!
Chia Seed and Fruit Yogurt
This is a chia seed and fruit yogurt recipe. The result is a rich, creamy gluten-free yogurt blend. If you like your yogurt to be low in fat and buttery, make sure you use good quality fresh, unprocessed, pure white dairy products, and do not add water to the dry yogurt.
A simple, simple way to make gluten-free yogurt does not contain eggs; they are made with a little brown rice flour, which is not healthy or sustainable. So be careful; be sure to check the bag for full details.
- 1 large egg, washed, in a food processor.
- 1 large serving of blueberries, at a ratio of about 1/2 to 1/4 cup.
- 1 large egg, chopped.
- 1 large (5oz) package dark dried fruit, divided in half.
- 5 sprigs of blueberries
- 1 (12oz) can sweetened condensed milk (if you prefer), split into small (about 1 1/2 to 1/2 cups) pieces.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 1/4 cup of whole milk, beaten.
Place blueberries and fruit onto a rack lined with paper towels. Place the wet strawberries over the paper-covered sheet and soak overnight at room temperature.
Cut small holes for the blueberries and add a touch of olive oil if necessary to make the water flow smoothly.
When fresh, gently wipe the bottom of the sheets clean with clean hands, and place on a paper towel. The dried strawberries should be a light green color.
If desired, cut into 1 (13 1/2-inch) squares or about 1/2-inch squares. If there is a seam to them, place a small seam line through them to make it hard to get out a bit more.
To make sure you do not scrape the strawberries, you can use a 1 (13-inch) square of black-colored, lightly greased cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with 1 to 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil, if desired. Brush top with a few sprinkles or slices of orange peel and continue baking.
To serve, scoop the mixture into ice-cold water.
For the topping, combine three eggs, 1 cup water, and a generous splash of oil. In a large bowl, whisk egg white slowly in. Add milk at a medium speed until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk at a rapid pace until desired consistency.
To serve, scoop and serve; freeze for about 6 hours, or refrigerate, up to 1 week at room temperature.
See Nutritionists For a complete recipe for the best gluten-free yogurt! This is an easy, low-calorie, low-sugar gluten-free yogurt recipe. A simple, low-fat, low-sugar gluten-free yogurt recipe.
Spinach Spaghettis with Sauce
Next I have a spaghetti with spinach sauce recipe which can be made with these steps
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaves chopped – it makes 1 cup or 4-6 slices
- 1/2tbs vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes – just a little for your taste
- 1 tsp onion powder optional
- 1 tsp pepper flakes needed
- salt for frying – like 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. toasted walnuts chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 to 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper chopped up
- 4tbs dried thyme leaves to cook
In a pan on medium heat for 2 minutes Add garlic, thyme and thyme and sauté until fragrant. Add tomato paste, lemon zest and the spices. When well absorbed, chop tomatoes and salt and pepper in small bowls. Mix well and put in the saucepan for the next 2 minutes or until the tomato mixture has a nice smooth texture. Once the sauce has reduced slightly, add in 1/2 tbsp. toasted walnuts. Place in a saucepan for a further 3 seconds and over the heat let the onions cook for 5 minutes. When the onions are tender, add in the garlic and sauté for 3 more minutes or until the sauce thickens and becomes a rich sauce with plenty of creamy flavors and tenderness. If you like this sauce, you will like it much better. Serve over pasta or other types of hot dishes. It is made with the following ingredients: spinach, beans, spinach and peas, all natural, all natural.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and pour the sauce over the onion/garlic/etc. Let it sit in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes, it should be ready to use in later for salad or other sauces.
I usually add it after making mine with a 1/2-ounce can. You can freeze it as much as you want for later use.
The most important thing to do with this dish is to not be tempted to overcook it. It keeps the dish moist and ready to use for appetizers and salads or in baked goods. You can freeze it to use for more than just for dessert, I usually freeze it to make things that look like soup or spaghetti.
If you feel like taking one out of the bag just for dipping in it, place it on a plate for a few minutes and let the sauce simmer for a few weeks about 3-4 days.
If you’re not sure about any of my recipes, just ask me in the comments section below and I’ll help you on your own 🙂
Grilled Cheddar Guacamole
Finally, this is how you make the best Guacamole in all of North Carolina. Let’s get to that.
Seared with Cheddar cheese.
This is a simple recipe that combines fresh ground and ground guacamole.
- 150g ground fresh ground guacamole
- 100g ground shredded white onion
- 250g ground fresh lime
- Peel the onion and ginger cloves
- In a large skillet (to hold the pan) sauté the sweet onions until brown. Add the cheddar cheese and cook very high for 2 minutes, adding a good bit over the middle of each cheddar, to add volume if necessary. The onion will quickly become browned. Cook in the pan for about 8 minutes or until the onion is nicely browned and fragrant after 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and remove from heat.
- Combine the cold shredded white onion, cheddar cheese and salt and pepper in a small bowl to mix together. Cover the skillet and cook for a further 2 minutes or so and let come to a boil. Drain, remove from heat and let rest for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl mix in the diced lime juice that you used to keep in your fridge for 2 hours. Serve guacamole with a scoop of water, a scoop of salsa, avocado, or tortillas.
In regards to vegetarian food, the variety of options available compared to their meat counterparts is exponentially higher. Because of this, it can be a bit overwhelming when you are trying to figure out what ingredients to buy at the store and how best to prepare them. I’ve created a list of my personal favorites with recommendations for others on where to get your hands on unique ingredients or a quick bite during your lunch break. It’s my hope this guide will make finding the best vegetarian food in Charlotte a little bit easier.