Greetings, fellow foodies! I’m thrilled to share an exquisite and vibrant recipe that will transport your taste buds to a Mediterranean paradise: Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce and Mediterranean Couscous Salad. This mouthwatering dish features a perfectly grilled steak, drizzled with a zesty chimichurri sauce, and served alongside a fresh, colorful Mediterranean couscous salad. Get ready to fire up the grill and create a culinary masterpiece that will delight your family and friends!
Section 1: Ingredients
For the Steak:
- 2 (8-ounce) sirloin or ribeye steaks, about 1-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for brushing
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh parsley, packed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Mediterranean Couscous Salad:
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Section 2: Instructions
Preparing the Chimichurri Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender, combine the parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pulse until smooth and well combined. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Grilling the Steaks:
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let them rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Season both sides of the steaks generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush the grill grates and the steaks with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill the steaks for 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare or until desired doneness is reached. Adjust the cooking time according to the thickness of your steaks and your preferred doneness.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Preparing the Mediterranean Couscous Salad:
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let the couscous stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked couscous, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, Kalamata olives, red onion, feta cheese, parsley, and mint.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the couscous mixture and toss to combine.
Section 3: Serving Suggestions
Arrange the grilled steaks on individual plates and drizzle with the chimichurri sauce.
Serve the Mediterranean couscous salad alongside the steaks.
The Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce and Mediterranean Couscous Salad brings together the bold flavors of the Mediterranean with the succulent, juicy goodness of perfectly grilled steak. This delightful combination is a feast for both the eyes and the palate, making it an ideal meal for a special occasion or a simple weeknight dinner. By preparing this exquisite dish, you’ll be treating your loved ones to a memorable dining experience that showcases the beauty and flavor of Mediterranean cuisine. So, fire up the grill, gather around the table, and indulge in this scrumptious, satisfying meal that everyone will love!