Hello to all my fellow foodies and grill enthusiasts! Today, I’m thrilled to share a vibrant and mouthwatering recipe that’s perfect for your next outdoor gathering or family dinner: Grilled Steak Fajitas with Colorful Bell Peppers and Homemade Guacamole. This festive and flavorful dish combines tender, marinated steak with sizzling bell peppers and onions, all wrapped up in warm tortillas and topped with fresh, homemade guacamole. Let’s fire up the grill and get ready for a fiesta in our backyard!
Section 1: Ingredients
For the Steak Fajitas:
- 1.5 lbs. flank or skirt steak
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, and green), thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 8-10 small flour tortillas
For the Homemade Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Section 2: Instructions
Marinating the Steak:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and pepper to create the marinade.
- Place the steak in a large, resealable plastic bag or shallow dish, and pour the marinade over the steak. Make sure the steak is well-coated, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight, turning occasionally.
Grilling the Steak and Vegetables:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off, and discard the marinade.
- Grill the steak for 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until it reaches your desired doneness. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the sliced bell peppers and red onion in a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill the vegetables in a grill basket or on skewers, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until they are tender and slightly charred.
- While the vegetables are grilling, wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and warm them on the cooler side of the grill for a few minutes.
Preparing the Homemade Guacamole:
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with a fork or potato masher until your desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in the diced tomato, red onion, chopped cilantro, minced jalapeño (if using), and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Section 3: Serving Suggestions
- Thinly slice the rested steak against the grain.
- Assemble the fajitas by placing a few slices of steak, grilled bell peppers, and onions on each warmed tortilla.
- Top with a generous spoonful of homemade guacamole and any additional toppings you like, such as sour cream, salsa, or shredded cheese.
These Grilled Steak Fajitas with Colorful Bell Peppers and Homemade Guacamole are a fun and interactive meal that everyone can enjoy. The enticing aroma of the sizzling steak and vegetables will captivate your guests, and the combination of bold flavors will undoubtedly satisfy their cravings. This recipe is perfect for casual gatherings, outdoor barbecues, or simply spicing up your weeknight dinner routine. By preparing these delicious fajitas, you’ll be creating a festive atmosphere and providing a memorable dining experience that your friends and family will rave about. So grab your apron, fire up the grill, and let the fiesta begin!